Sunday, August 02, 2009

A Reminder

(We ran some errands while Daddy was away; two stores, in and out of a tiny, two-door borrowed car. Eliana was warned that Mama was going to count spankings (reserved for when we arrived home) for poor listening... one was counted when Eliana disobeyed Mama's helper, Corban. In the hustle and bustle of arriving home and unloading the car and nursing the baby and making lunch, the spank was forgotten by Mama. But not Eliana...)

Mama: (laying Eliana down for a nap): I'm glad you're taking a nap today. You were kind of grumpy this morning!

Eliana: Yeah. (Sitting bolt upright in bed) We forgot my spank!

Mama: Oh, my! You're right. Thank you for reminding me. I think we need to do that right now.

Eliana: (Climbing out of bed) I know. I don't like spanks. But you can do it!